Voluntary Strike-Off – Close a company in Ireland
An Irish Company may be Voluntarily Struck off the Register if the assets and liabilities are worth no more than €150 or the balance sheet is zero. This is the easiest and fastest way to close an Irish Company.
Thomond Company can carry out all the steps on your behalf to ensure the company is closed properly in the quickest possible time-frame. The required steps of a Voluntary Strike-Off in Ireland are as follows:
- Make sure all Annual Returns and Accounts are up to date.
- Draft Directors statement that the company has ceased trading or has never traded.
- Draft minutes of Board Meeting for Directors and Shareholders consent to the dissolution of the company.
- Send Letter to Revenue requesting letter of no objection.
- Put Advertisement in Irish National Daily Newspaper.
- Preparation and filing of form H15 with the Companies Registration Office.
Once the above is taken care of, it takes approximately 3 months for the company to be struck off the register. We will, of course, notify you as soon as the company has been struck-off.
Thomond Company’s professional fee for closing an Irish Company (Voluntary Strike-Off) is only €400 + VAT including the National Daily Newspaper Advertisement. For more information or to proceed with closing your Irish company, please contact us today.
NOTE: Outstanding Penalty Fees (if applicable) payable to the Companies Registration Office are not included in the above. Preparation of outstanding Annual Returns (if applicable) is charged additionally. Thomond Company strongly recommends that you dispose of your company properly. Possible sanctions include legal action by the Director of Corporate Enforcement which could result in an individual being fined and/or disqualified to act as a company director or manager of an Irish company for 5-10 years.